In this next recording session we went through using a patch bay for recording. As well as this we spent awhile going over the assignment briefs for our sessions for this term . During this lesson i used a SM58 microphone to record percussion to go along with my peer playing on a bass.
In this performance session we continued to practice singing don’t stop as part of a vocal ensemble for our performance together. After that we got split into pairs to come up with a short original composition. In the composition I used an acoustic guitar whilst my peer played on bass. The second time around we had different partners. My peer this time around used an acoustic guitar and played a Spanish themed melody whilst I played a chord progression.
In MIDI I began to edit my track with automation to make the different instruments gradually play instead of it sounding to sudden. I focused on making sure the flute didn’t sound to loud when it started playing. Since last week I’ve added a percussion kit for the build up. I also decided to add in Caribbean steel drums with weirdly fits in nicely with the heavy amounts of orchestral instruments. I also added a drone which makes the song sound slightly more darker and sound more fuller.