Unit 8 – Week 7

This week I carried on sorting out my mix for my song. I looked through the drum loops and found a drum loop that played for a few bars. I copied the loop throughout the song then removed parts that I didn’t want. The main section where I removed drums were after the first chorus.  I mimicked this idea from the drummer. I also had a chance to listen to my Joes mix of my song. Beside from the additional verse and the two different rhythm guitars, in his mix the drums are one of the differences that separate our mixes. As well as this my peer has kept in the lead guitar through the chorus which I removed. After listening through my own mix with the lead guitar playing through the chorus I used automation to lower the volume. I did this as the rhythm guitar during the chorus was being drowned out . Without it playing, the chorus sections sound a lot less cluttered up. The last difference that I picked up on which was to be expected was that the piano on his was louder then mine. For me the drums on his mix sound incredibly repetitive and don’t change. In term of the quality of both mixes I don’t know if mines better, mainly because I don’t really know what I’m doing. Its mostly trial and error.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s